New Grant Available
The IEDA has opened the following grant to business and industries as well as communities. The grant is due Sept. 1st and the funds will be dispersed October 1st.
Rural Enrichment Program – Provides up to $20,000 per grant to support small quality of life projects that will create meaningful results in rural communities. Developing quality spaces for people to want to live, work, play, and engage will support the vibrancy of Iowa’s rural places. Eligible projects must be open to the public and contribute to the vitality and engagement of the community.
Iowa businesses, colleges and universities, city or county government, and nonprofit organizations and foundations are eligible to apply. A single entity must be selected to serve as the primary applicant for grant funding applications; however, the project should include collaboration between a consortium of partners. The selected primary applicant must meet the definition of eligible applicant. The applicant will be responsible for submitting eligible material during the funding application process and will be the entity legally obligated to the terms of an agreement if awarded funding. Partners and collaborating entities are not subject to the eligibility requirements but may be subject to financial and programmatic review during the selection process.
- Projects/programs must exist in and benefit a community in Iowa with a population of 20,000 or fewer and not contiguous (sharing a common border) to a city with a population of 40,000 or greater.
- Any eligible applicant may submit an application that includes one or more partners.
- Any eligible applicant will be allowed to submit one application per funding announcement. An applicant who has applied as the principal entity for an application may also be named as a partner on additional applications submitted but may not be named as a primary entity.
- Applicant is local government entity (mayor or city council) or applicant has included letter of support from the mayor or resolution from the city council.
- Federally tax-exempt nonprofit organization incorporated and physically located in Iowa.
- Physical location of the organization is defined as maintaining a current home office and registered agent address in Iowa defined by Iowa Code 490.501, as well as maintaining a primary staff presence physically located and working in Iowa.
- Public or private school serving grades pre-K through 12 and physically located in Iowa.
- Nonprofit institution of higher education physically located in Iowa.
- Unit of local, county or federally recognized tribal government physically located in Iowa.
- For-profit corporation or business located in Iowa.
- A business will be considered an Iowa business if the business is incorporated in the state of Iowa or authorized to do business in the state of Iowa.
Eligible Project Requirements
Project requirements for Rural Enrichment Grant awards include, but are not limited to the following:
- Applicant shall demonstrate how the project aligns to the program mission.
- Applicant shall demonstrate eligibility.
- Applicant shall demonstrate the capacity for grant administration.
- Application shall demonstrate the feasibility of completing the proposed activities with the funds requested and contract period.
- Applicant is a local government entity (mayor or city council) or has included a letter of support from the mayor or a resolution from the city council.
- Application shall identify and describe any other sources of funding for the proposed activities.
- Application shall describe how the project will be a replicable model.
- Applications must provide a 1:1/2 cash match (grant can be up to 66% of total project cost).