2020 Buchanan County Leadership Development Program
“Fostering Leadership in Our Communities to Ensure a Better Tomorrow”
Program Mission: Economic and Community Development projects are most likely to be successful when initiated and supported by citizens at the grassroots. The Buchanan County Leadership Program will teach the skills needed to encourage and support community-based projects by individuals who want to make a difference. Participants are encouraged to have a project in mind while engaged in the Leadership Program as hands-on activities will be centered on your individual projects.
Session Times: Wednesdays, 6:45 – 9:15
- Eight consecutive Wednesdays
- Weeks of February 17th – April 6
Location: Because this is a Buchanan County Leadership program, meetings will take place in different Buchanan County communities with locations to be announced.
Tentative Curriculum/Schedule: 2020 Buchanan County Leadership Program:
- February 19: Expectations of Leadership: Knowing your Talents/TTI Profile Assessment
- February 27 (Thursday): Using Public Relations and Social Media to Market your Project.
- March 4: Project Management: Making it Happen!
- March 11: Servant Leadership: Developing Skills to be an Effective Leader
- March 18: Volunteers: Recruiting, Motivating, and Empowering them to be successful.
- March 25: Managing Effective Meetings
- April 1: Grant Writing and Conflict Resolution
- April 8: Celebrating Your Achievements Awards Dinner. Guest speaker.
Download Registration Form (PDF): Registration form Leadership 2020
* Email form to email@example.com
* Mail to BCEDC P.O. Box 109, Independence, IA 50644
Pay by check Make checks to: BCEDC Leadership
Mail check & registration to: George Lake, BCEDC P.O. Box 109, Independence, IA 50644
$100 for each BCEDC Investor registration
$150 for each standard registration
Pay online via PayPal below.
Contact: George Lake, Director-Buchanan County Economic Development