2020 Buchanan County Leadership Development Program
“Fostering Leadership in Our Communities to Ensure a Better Tomorrow”
Program Mission: Economic and Community Development projects are most likely to be successful when initiated and supported by citizens at the grassroots. The Buchanan County Leadership Program will teach the skills needed to encourage and support community-based projects by individuals who want to make a difference. Participants are encouraged to have a project in mind while engaged in the Leadership Program as hands-on activities will be centered on your individual projects.
Registration Fee: $150. Registrations due Friday February 14
Session Times: Wednesdays, 6:45 – 9:15
- Eight consecutive weeks
- Weeks of February 17th – April 6
Download Registration Form (PDF): Registration form Leadership 2020
* Email form to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Mail to BCEDC P.O. Box 109, Independence, IA 50644
Location: Because this is a Buchanan County Leadership program, meetings will take place in different Buchanan County communities with locations to be announced.
Tentative Curriculum/Schedule: 2020 Buchanan County Leadership Program:
- February 19: Expectations of Leadership: Knowing your Talents/TTI Profile Assessment
- February 25 (Tuesday): Servant Leadership: Developing Skills to be an Effective Leader
- March 4: Managing Effective Meetings
- March 11: Project Management: Making it Happen!
- March 18: Using Press Releases and Social Media to Market your Project.
- March 25: Grant Writing and Conflict Resolution
- April 1: Volunteers: Recruiting, Motivating, and Empowering them to be successful.
- April 8: Celebrating Your Achievements Awards Dinner. Guest speaker.
Pay by check @ $150 per registration Make checks to: BCEDC Leadership
Mail check & registration to: George Lake, BCEDC P.O. Box 109, Independence, IA 50644
Pay online via PayPal below.
Contact: George Lake, Director-Buchanan County Economic Development