Fostering Leadership in Our Communities to Ensure a Better Tomorrow
The Buchanan County Economic Development Commission is is sponsoring the 2018 Buchanan County Leadership Development Program. Economic and Community Development projects are most likely to be successful when initiated and supported by citizens at the grassroots. The Buchanan County Leadership Development Program will teach the skills needed to encourage and support community involvement by individuals who want to make a difference in their communities.
Registration Fee: $150. Registrations due Monday February 12th
Session Times: Wednesdays, 6:45 – 9:15 PM
- Eight consecutive weeks
- Weeks of February 21st – April 11th
Location: As a Buchanan County Leadership program, meetings will take place in different Buchanan County communities with locations to be announced.
Curriculum: 2018 Buchanan County Leadership Program:
- February 21: Expectations of Leadership: Knowing your Talents/TTI Profile Assessment
- February 28: Volunteers: Recruiting, Motivating, and Empowering them to be Successful.
- March 7: Servant Leadership: Developing Skills to be an Effective Leader.
- March 14: Conflict Resolution and Company Culture
- March 21: 1) Grant Writing. 2) Using Social Media to Market your Project.
- March 28: Managing Effective Meetings
- April 4: Project Management: Making it Happen!
- April 11: Celebrating Your Achievements Awards Dinner. Guest speaker.
Registration Form: 2018 Leadership Registration Form
Payment options for the Leadership Program are as follows:
- Pay by check @$150 per registration. Make checks to: BCEDC Leadership
- Mail check & registration to: George Lake, BCEDC P.O. Box 109, Independence, IA 50644, email@example.com
- Pay now by clicking on the PayPal link below and send registration form to George Lake